Blob Wars : Episode I
Since their world was invaded by an alien race, the Blobs have faced a lifetime of war. But now they have a chance to win the war once and for all.
In Blob Wars : Metal Blob Solid, you take on the role of a fearless Blob agent, Bob. Bob's mission is to infiltrate the various enemy bases around the Blobs' homeworld and rescue as many MIAs as possible. But standing in his way are many vicious aliens, other Blobs who have been assimilated and the evil alien leader, Galdov.
News and Updates
Future maintenance and updates of this can now be found at the SourceForge project page:
You can find file downloads here:
These include a Windows installer and a source tarball.
You can also find a Wiki page for the project here:
If you're interested in helping out, then head over there and lend your skills.
- Platform game
- Over 25 missions
- More than 8 hours' gameplay!
- 4 difficulty settings
- Large levels with different environments, such as water, lava, ice and slime.
- Use a variety of different weaponary, including machine guns and laser cannons.
- Multiple objectives
- Jetpack and Aqua Lung items to find
- Optional blood and gore
- Boss Battles!
- Lots of sound effects and music tracks
- Joypad support with configurable controls
- Configurable keyboard support
- Level replay value - Return to previous levels to rescue all MIAs and optional objectives.
Videos (Caution: Spoilers)
Flooded Tunnel #1
Flooded Tunnel #2
Inner Cave Network #1
Inner Cave Network #2
Ice Caves #1
Ancient Tomb #2
Boss Battle #1 - Biomech Tanks
Boss Battle #2 - Aqua Blob
Boss Battle #3 - Jetpack Blob
Boss Battle #4 - Galdov
Final Battle - Galdov
Screen Resolution: 640 x 480
Color Depth: 16 bit
Minimum Memory: Unknown
Controls: Keyboard (or Joypad), Mouse
SDL TTF *
* - Freetype is required by SDL TTF